Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Hello!

Well, I'd originally planned to do this blog on the side with my Final Fantasy XI one, and finally got around to setting it up tonight. The name? Well it was some on the spot thinking as I had planned for the title "Plan B" (With "The Azure" being Plan A) but clearly that's already been taken. So here I am with The Next Gen. I don't actually know HOW the titles came to me exactly, but I kinda like it. I'm planning to post about day to day things (what with me job hunting and all) and my interests, (movies, music, games etc...), so hopefully I shouldn't be TOO short on content to update with. That being said, I'm not sure entirely how often this will be updated, will just have to see how things go.

So anyway, some good and bad news to start things off. The good... I went to see Indiana Jones IV last night. Woo I enjoyed that movie. It had everything a good old fashioned adventure film needs... a quick pace, iconic character, amusing dialogue and some truly excellent action set pieces. I'm still undecided on the whole Indie + Aliens idea, it doesn't fit QUITE as well as I'd hoped, but I'm not going to let that detract from the sheer enjoyment i got from the movie. Great stuff ^^.

Sadly, with the good comes the bad, and what a day I've had. I was awake until 5am in the morning trying to fix a REALLY nasty spyware infection which, no matter what i did to clean it, the problem intensified to a point where I was getting windows popping up every 15-20 seconds and my system grinding to a crawl. So, it was with a depressed sigh that I pushed on with the only remaining option, (other than paying some guy to look at it for me), and reformatted the machine. Problem's gone (obviously) but I lost in the region of 30gb worth of downloads (I managed to back up a small percentage of what I had however). Anywho, I'm getting things back up to scratch now, just a few old app's missing which I need to re-download, I just hope i don't have to deal with this problem again for a loooooong time. Fingers crossed ne?

Until next time, laters ^^.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yikes, spyware! Hmm...well, at least you salvaged SOME downloads...I wonder, did you salvage all of your precious ones? =P